Hanmer Springs Ski Area offers you New Zealand club field skiing at its best. Family friendly (everybody friendly!), relaxed, fun and a focus on the people and place as opposed to how awesome you are on the snow.
We have a cosy, centrally heated Day Lodge complete with gas stoves, toasted sandwich machines, tea and coffee for your convenience when you want a relaxing break.
Ski/Snowboard hire as well as outerwear (except gloves and hats) and nutcrackers are available on the mountain. We have a great experienced team of Ski and Snowboard Instructors on hand to help you get the most out of your time at our field, and qualified ski patrollers are always on duty.
If you decide to stay the night with us (there's comfortable accommodation for a maximum of 64 people) you can choose from either family rooms or bunk type accommodation in the Robinson Lodge.
All accommodation is self catering and the 5 night / 6 day backpacker deal is exceptionally good value. There's nothing quite like waking up in the midst of the mountains!
- Ski and snowboard hire available on field or in the village.
- Ski and snowboard instruction available, both group and private lessons.
- Day Lodge with log burner, drying room, full self cater kitchen, mezzanine level with comfortable sofa's and further table seating for apres ski story swapping. Deck with BBQ tops it all off!
- Robinson Lodge accommodation with flush toilets, hot showers, family sized and larger bunkrooms.
- Your most affordable on mountain ski and stay option in New Zealand!